UMX is a marine services company specializing in commercial diving, marine construction, emergency
maintenance and repair, and both topside and underwater support. Established in 2011 , successful business operation and reputation are based on the principles of fair business practice, ethical conduct, quality assurance, and a strong work ethic.
UMX is a diversified company specializing in many aspects of the maritime and construction industries. Our employees are a group of exceptional professionals who are dedicated and committed to delivering top- notch service in a timely manner.
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off for Vacation, Sick, Holidays, Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave
- Career Growth & Development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Covers the function of bidding on and estimating new jobs for a marine construction company.
- Travels if needed to a potential work site.
- Involves a considerable amount of knowledge in the marine construction field.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies. Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Obtaining bids from sub-contractors; qualifying bids for prime contract suppliers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Ten to fifteen years of direct estimating experience.
- Computer skills required: Contract Management Systems; and Microsoft Suite.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This Equal Employment Opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment. The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.