UMX is looking for Commercial Divers to join their team in Jacksonville, FL! UMX is a diversified company specializing in many aspects of the maritime and construction industries. Our employees are a group of exceptional professionals who are dedicated and committed to delivering top notch service in a timely manner.
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off for Vacation, Sick, Holidays, Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave
- Career Growth & Development
- Maintain a team attitude and undertake dives and other duties as directed by the foreman and Supervisor.
- Pass and maintain annual physical and required certifications (ADCI, CPR, O2, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens.)
- Maintain a clean driving record and background.
- Read blueprints and shop drawings.
- Cutting and fitting of various steels.
- Operate equipment (forklift, telehandler, bobcat, etc.)
- Setting up, maintenance, maintaining diving and support equipment.
- Daily setup, breakdown, and clean-up workstation.
- Travel to various job locations.
- Ensure that personal diving equipment is working correctly and is suitable for the planned dive.
- Ensure full understanding of the dive plan and is competent to carry out the planned task.
- Know the routine and emergency procedures and perform safely and efficiently in the water.
- Ability to be flexible and perform top quality work on a variety of projects.
- Mechanical Aptitude/ Construction Background.
- Must be familiar with the tools and equipment used to perform underwater inspections of structures.
- Continual improvement in performance.
- Comply with government and ADCI duties and responsibilities.
- 1+ Year Experience in dive field.
- Graduate of a commercial diver training program accredited by the Association of Diving Contractors International (ADCI) Must have valid driver license.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Ability to Pass a Government Background Check.
- Current certifications of all diver owned equipment (i.e. hat, bottle, etc.)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. repetitively.
- Availability to work overtime including evenings and holidays.
- Willing and able to travel.
- Current ADCI Card.
- ADCI Physical or the ability to obtain immediately prior to first day.
- Current Oxygen Provider, AED, Blood borne pathogens Current First/Aid CPR.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a TWIC Card.
- Current OSHA 10 hour or 30 hour construction course certificate.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job.
All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This Equal Employment Opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.